We’ve surveyed thousands of people, and the biggest single thing you can do to improve your responses rates is to send a reminder. It is often overlooked by timid marketers and professionals, who are scared of chasing people.
Don’t be scared – time-poor, distracted people (i.e. all people) appreciate reminders.
Reminders catch clients that:
- Flag an email as a ‘to do’ item and then don’t get around to it,
- Click on the survey, then realise they don’t have time right now
- Ignore the first email and feel guilty about it, so open the second,
- Were dealing with something else when they received the email, and then forgot
- Didn’t feel like it at the time but are in a different headspace now
…and so on.
It jars the ego, but you’re almost never at the top of a client’s priorities.
Send at least one reminder. If people don’t want to respond, they’ll ignore it. No harm.
Subject: May I ask your advice, [First Name]?
Hi [First Name],
Thanks for working with us. Now that we’ve finished our job for you, I just wanted to check-in to make sure we met your expectations.
If so, could you please help others find us with a public review?
If not, we’d really appreciate some honest advice on how we can do better next time.
You can give private feedback or leave a review via this link: [your FirmChecker survey link]
It will take only 3 minutes and will help us serve you and others better.
Subject: Re: May I ask your advice, [First Name]?
Hi [First Name],
Just a friendly reminder – I’d love your advice on the work we did.
So we can keep it all in one place, could you please give us some advice here [your survey link]?
It should take only 3 minutes but will be really helpful as we try to improve.